View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 02:20 PM   #6
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
That definitely sounds like a broken substrate (throw up a picture if you want confirmation). Not sure how lenient Sony is, but that won't technically be covered by warranty so if you can get them to do anything be happy.
can a substrate become "loose" from whatever charges the e-ink particles, as opposed to broken?
If it were out of guarantee I'd be inclined to try to open it & check for anything loose, though I suspect these things are not easy to open. As it is, I plan to send it back, if allowed, & see what happens.

is this a common fault or am I just unlucky this time around ?

PS I googled "broken substrate" & the pictures I am finding confirm the diagnosis, so no real need to post a picture of mine

Last edited by cybmole; 02-15-2014 at 02:25 PM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote