View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 08:53 AM   #14
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
The problem is that once you have become used to screens 15" and above, everything smaller will be too small. I can do work on both my 7" Galaxy Tab 2 and my 10" Transformer, but it is only in smaller bursts. Anything sustainable has to be done on the laptop, preferably with a second screen attached.
I have two homes with an "office" right now. One on an inland lake and river in a houseboat, and the other on the coast in a trawler I am converting and renovating for "my final resting place.". In each, though space is at a premium relative to most residences, I still have a large monitor. I have a 19" CRT one place and a 22" (or 23) LCD the other. I keep wishing one would fail bad enough (both are headed that way) so that I could justify getting a 26" Vizio or something similar and even larger maybe.

The other night, I was running a program to find a "deleted file" on my lady friends Toshiba laptop (15.6), and she was using my 7" 7Plus to read her Gmail. I looked over a while later, and she had her iPod (3.5") out doing it.
I said "what?" She said she could read her g-mail faster on it than on the Samsung. I said "what?"

Then she asked me (Apple spurner that I am) to logout and close her Gmail because she couldn't find out where to do it.

It is like those Sirens at sea. They keep singing their song, "we need you big man." "You are our kind of guy." "Come closer, you will get the fever."
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote