View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #23427
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
My brother Bill runs a still on the hill
Where he turns out a gallon or two
And the buzzards in the sky get so drunk they can not fly
Just from sniffing that good old mountain dew.

They call it that good old mountan dew,
And them that refuse it are few.
I'll hush up my mug if you'll fill up my jug
With that good old mountain dew.

My uncle Mort, he is sawed off and short,
He measure 'bout four foot two,
But he thinks he's a giant when you give him a pint
Of that good old mountain dew.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GjfMe8TqC8 )

Thanks for the memories, ProfCrash! Crystal clear in a Mason Jar, strong enough to blow the back of your head right off!

Good morning, everyone! Happy February 3rd! Well, maybe not so happy for some... Belle Starr, the famous lady outlaw, died on this day in 1889. Belle, we'll always remember you! (Or was it Belle Starr, the 'exotic dancer' of the 60's I'm remembering? )

Taylors of Harrogate's "Yorkshire" tea this morning, and home-made pita bread, still hot, some Kalamata olives, and hummus to get the day rolling. If it stays this sunny we'll take a long ride today. Nice to have Spring time when it's supposed to be below freezing!

Stitchawl
I got it in my head a few years ago that I was going to write a sci-fi space opera a-la Belle Starr. unfinished manuscript still sits gathering dust
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote