View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 11:05 PM   #1
Lazer
Groupie
Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Epub to Mobi conversion Kindle problem

I've been writing a book. I started out with Word, saving as an HTML, converting to ePub in Sigil (to add images). I'd then open the ePub in Calibre to convert to Mobi. Then upload to my Kindle 3. Everything has been converting fine and looks great on the Kindle.

I just changed my document over to Apple's Pages file and saved as an ePub. Checks fine in Sigil. (no images on this version).

When I do the THIS conversion from epub to mobi in Calibre (7.5.5) It comes out looking great on the Calibre reader. Paragraph indents are there, and each line ends as a complete word....

HOWEVER, on the Kindle it is horrible. No paragraph indents and the right margin ends in the middle of words with the rest of the word continuing on the next line.

I tried turning on heuristics and checked Word Wrap and it didn't help either... what is going on here?

Also... I just looked at the mobi file in Kindle Previewer and it still presents with the same formatting problems.

THANKS in advance!

L

Last edited by Lazer; 04-16-2011 at 11:23 PM.
Lazer is offline   Reply With Quote