View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 12:05 PM   #8
electristan
newbie reader
electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable, Boox T68, Kobo Mini, Nook STR, Sony PRS-505
Hello, first post i hope it helps. I had the same issue and tryed al kind of things suggested in these forums but finaly just tried something myself and it worked like a charm. What i did was;

0: Installed the Microsoft DHTML Editing Control first

1: Install Book Designer (BD) and update directly to the C:\ as suggested in one og the help threads (C:\Book Designer 4.0)

2: When trying to run BD i got the "component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one..." message i said ok and the program closed, i then found the file in C:\Windows\System32 and right clicked on COMDLG32.OCX and selected "UnRegister" then ok on the pop up that apperes. Then i rightclicked the same file again and selected "Register" and ok angain on the pop up.

3: After COMDLG32.OCX when trying to run BD i got an the same error message but with COMCTL32.OCX and just repeted the same steps as above.

After that it worked, and all was well in the world

Last edited by electristan; 01-17-2008 at 04:45 AM.
electristan is offline   Reply With Quote