View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 02:50 PM   #13
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmwrite View Post
Hmmm, that very well may be for some. But I made the comparison early on to walking into the bookstore. I don't start at shelf "A" and scan my way down to shelf "Z" when I'm just browsing for something new. I much prefer the displays and tables with books piled on them so I can see their covers.

The bookshelf view on, say, MobiPocket for the PC, gives you several options to sort by title, author, date, etc while displaying a thumbnail of the book's cover. Yes, it is flashier on a color display but the Amazon website displays perfectly acceptable cover art when browsing from the Kindle; there goes the naysayers who opine that the Kindle can't handle cover art.

BTW, when you do a general search for books on the Amazon website, you see cover art with title, author and a bit of information. THAT'S the kind of bookshelf view I'd like to see!

What I wish is just for a little more personal choice. Give us the option to have a little flash or none at all.
I ummm dare I say... quit choosing a book by its cover long ago...
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote