View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 11:30 PM   #16
Laurablue
Connoisseur
Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc, Sansa Clip Zip, Sansa Fuze+
I bought a Clip Plus from Amazon.ca. I previously used a Clip Zip but it's clip broke and then the battery life between charges started to diminish. I think I will get to like the Clip Plus just as much as the Clip Zip, but so far there are two things I prefer about the Clip Zip. The Clip Zip displays the clock time at the top of the screen, and I didn't realize how much I relied on that. Also the Clip Zip also displays the full run time of each file as well as time lapsed since I started playing it. The Clip Plus displays the elapsed time and a progress bar that fills in as time passes, but it doesn't display the total run time of the file. Not a huge detail but I kind of liked seeing the actual run time vs. a bar. Oh, both the Zip and the Clip Plus have Podcasts as a menu item, the Clip Plus lists them as a subfolder of Music (as it does with Audiobooks). There seem to be some differences to how the Clip Plus and the Clip Zip use tags, for example when I transferred an mp3 file purchased from Downpour, the Clip Zip put it in the Music folder, but the Clip Plus put it in the Audiobook folder. (I can get the Clip Zip to display Downpour files into the Audiobook folder by changing the info in iTunes, but it's nice that the Clip Plus does it by default). The Clip Plus also navigates through it's file system a little differently, with the Clip Zip I was able to go back one level at a time using the back arrow button, e.g. I could move from the current audiobook to the list of all audiobooks on the player. With the Clip Plus it looks like I have to use the Home button to get back to the Music folder, and then drill down into the Audiobooks or Podcast folder to get to my list of other available items. The other significant differences are noted in the comparison chart above, like the fact that the Clip Plus uses a mini-USB cord, unlike all my other current devices. It is an excellent little player and I feel an urge to stockpile a couple more . . . .
Laurablue is offline   Reply With Quote