View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 05:06 PM   #10
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Two big areas spring to mind, and that is telecommunications and internet access. The price is outrageous given the speed/data restrictions we have on our broadband compared to the rest of the world.
Thank you Telstra and John Howard I believe? Howards wanted to sell off the telco at the highest price possible, so didn't split the physical infrastructure up, leaving Telstra in a position of power they could exploit. US CEOs like Saul Trujilo (not sure on name/spelling) of course took advantage of this near monopoly of infrastructure.

I have some friends in Australia and they are always complaining about the state of affairs down there. Telstra price gough wherever they can, holding back internet speeds and data allowances so they can squeeze every cent out of their lines.

Apparently the Aussie government was going to split Telstra up but they has fallen off the agenda as they instead spent time trying to censor the Internet!

Anyway that's kinda offtopic. Australia has a lot of avid readers apparently so should already be embracing e-readers. I have many friends down under with Kindles and one with a Sony. Australian publishers/bookstores better get their act together.

Last edited by fugazied; 01-19-2010 at 05:08 PM.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote