View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 12:09 AM   #73
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
I uninstalled Sigil and removed everything in the \Sigil folder, then reinstalled Sigil. When I first opened an epub, memory usage was 133.6 mb. After 5 minutes of messing around with F&R, it was 256.6. Another 5 minutes and it had climbed to 409.3, then 612.8. At that point, I let Sigil sit while I did other stuff on the computer. Memory usage for Sigil did not increase at all. Then I went back to messing around with my epub file in Sigil, but instead of using F&R, I simply right-clicked in the Code View window and selected Reformat HTML/Mend & Prettify Code, and watched as memory usage climbed to 804.2 mb.

Then I thought, "Hmmm...I wonder if it has something to do with the Preview window?" (which I always have open so I can see the effects of whatever I do in Code view). So I closed the Preview window. And guess what? Right-clicking in the Code View window temporarily increased memory usage, but then it dropped back down again. I did this a few times, then reopened the Preview window. Memory usage started climbing again. Could this be related to having the Preview window open as I work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Question for those seeing major performance issues: do you uninstall the old version of Sigil before installing the new? If not, would you be willing to uninstall Sigil, ensure that the Program Files\Sigil folder is completely empty (delete anything left in that folder with no fear) before re-installing the latest? Completely removing Sigil from Program Files (or Program Files (x86) if you use 32-bit Sigil) won't affect any of your settings in the least. I'm just trying to rule out the possibility that there are some old dlls or Qt plugins, or qt.conf files that might be causing problems.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote