View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 08:11 PM   #72
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Wow just one search and replace really bloated things. The problem is we really have changed nothing when it comes to search and replace. For search and replace Sigil still uses its internal version of pcre 1. I think it is statically linked in (it is on a Mac). Qt just recently moved away from using the pcre 1 library to using pcre2 library internally for Qt QRegularExpressions.

I wonder if during linking the two different pcre library versions are causing a problem for windows machines?

Nothing else has changed for Find and Replace inside Sigil in a long time.

This is so strange!

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
No, it doesn't.

I did what you said Kevin. I opened Sigil and I loaded the epub that I'm currently working with. Once the epub loaded, Sigil reported to be using 211MB. I left Sigil completely idle and after checking the memory consumption, Sigil was using only 16 MB!! (great, it was using nothing). I closed all others programs and started to work again in Sigil (with the epub already loaded). After working about half an hour, and after doing a S&R that resulted in an error, Sigil reported to be using 611 MB!! I was almost a minute with the message "Sigil not respond". I had to close it and open it again to continue working.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote