View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 07:29 PM   #71
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Does the epub you are editing have or use embedded fonts?
No, it doesn't.

Quote:
Would you please try opening a copy of Sigil and load your test epub and checking the memory consumption and then let Sigil sit completely *idle* while using other things on your machine for about an hour and then going back to your still open Sigil app and checking memory consumption again. Did it change, if so, how much.

Thanks,

KevinH
I did what you said Kevin. I opened Sigil and I loaded the epub that I'm currently working with. Once the epub loaded, Sigil reported to be using 211MB. I left Sigil completely idle and after checking the memory consumption, Sigil was using only 16 MB!! (great, it was using nothing). I closed all others programs and started to work again in Sigil (with the epub already loaded). After working about half an hour, and after doing a S&R that resulted in an error, Sigil reported to be using 611 MB!! I was almost a minute with the message "Sigil not respond". I had to close it and open it again to continue working.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote