View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 03:17 PM   #68
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Does the epub you are editing have or use embedded fonts? As for memory consumption, 320 meg is nothing much to speak of. This could be due to font caching (thus my earlier question), image caching, backing store for currently open windows, etc. None of these are memory leaks per se. I also wonder what invoking a plugin does to the memory footprint to load an entire python virtual machine and some associated python plugin code?

Strange, running macOS leaks on Sigil.app does not show much of anything.

Would you please try opening a copy of Sigil and load your test epub and checking the memory consumption and then let Sigil sit completely *idle* while using other things on your machine for about an hour and then going back to your still open Sigil app and checking memory consumption again. Did it change, if so, how much.

Thanks,

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
Something similar is happening in my system with Windows 7 x64 and Sigil 0.9.12. Even worst, Sigil reported a memory use of more than 300 MB (when the epub is loaded the memory use is about 150 MB and after a half hour of working the memory used is about 320 MB).
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote