View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 08:28 AM   #61
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
That is a Qt tab thing, not really something under our control and the image does not take up much space. The key point here is that double clicking on a Filename in the BookBrowser pane will always bring that tab to the front. So instead of relying on tiny tab names, you can simply use the full names in the BookBrowser to select your tab when you have too many.

Also shutting tabs is easy if you want to free up space to have a smaller active set of tabs you are working on.

For the next release I will look into enabling a scroll bar for the QTabBar and add the file names as tool tips for each tab.

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroni View Post
Hi,

when i'm opening multiple files on macOS Mojave the filenames in the tab were abbreviated very fast to only three dots (...) which is not very helpful. As far as i can see diesplaying the file icon on the tab consumes a lot of space. with 0.9.9 (i skipped the 10) the file icon want displayed and no problems having 10 tabs open. Now having 5 tabs open there is no information any more which tab is showing which file.

\/roni

Last edited by KevinH; 02-25-2019 at 08:49 AM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote