View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 10:53 AM   #402
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbruce1314 View Post
Maybe, but method 2 involves fiddling about inserting code - after 3 decades using (rather than programming - I did lots of that 4 decades ago!!!!!!) programs as downloaded I've (up to now) avoided getting myself into that situation.

Not arguing with you at all, but for those like me who just don't want to bother (risk?!?!?!) those insertions I thought I'd let the more untutored folks know that they could have a new problem if not careful!!
Technically, you don't insert code.

On Windows, all it does is rename renderer-test.exe to renderer-test.xxx, something you can do in Windows Explorer.

On Mac, as mentioned in the OP, it just disables renderer-test from executing.

There's really no risk. Worst case, program fails to open and you can just rename renderer-test.xxx back to renderer-test.exe on Windows or add execution ability on Mac.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote