Thread: Meet-Up! Chicagoans? -ites? -ers?
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 07:58 PM   #86
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
I Love the smell of WD-40.

It smells like....victory.

No foolin'. There is naught more fulfilling that finally getting a recalcitrant fastener to budge, allowing for more work or replacement. That smell, that fish oil smell, it permeates one's skin, the work area, and it lets anyone who is good enough to recognise it that you are person who can get things done.

Sometimes this requires inordinate amounts of curses to gods real & imagined. A blow torch is handy sometimes.

@ Vivaldi: The shoggoths are on their way. Enjoy your last moments.

Taylor-
Good on you for the West Egg Discovery. If you need a good liquor store, hit "Uncork it" on Illinois & McClurg. Great selection of most me Gumballhead beer. Thus, must drown my sorrows in Firefly.

Until my place of work decided to relocate below the 39th parallel, would have bought Taylor & Deb a drink and demanded book recommendations.

Not to hijack, but are there any Low Country Mobile Read members? Not the accursed Dutch, mind you, but folks from South Cackolack.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote