Thread: Issue with text
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #9
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by stethorn View Post
Yeah, my minds still not made up between the kobo or another Kindle, I did swap my Kindle keyboard for the paperwhite, but after reading loads of bad things about the screen, I finally braved it and opened the kindle to find some bright dots on the screen. Thats when I decided to try the Glo, which I like, but noticing a few quirks such as battery going really well, had 31% left then next day it would not turn on as it needed charging :-(.
Ah I understand, so you're really still choosing between the options. A shame the Paperwhite had bright dots. And the Glo battery: don't forget it needs a couple of cycles (form completely empty, charge to completely full) for the battery meter to be calibrated. And then another few cycles to stretch the battery and get proper use out of it.

And your text problem: that thread I linked to seems to think it has to do with ghosting, and the thinner/lighter the font is that you're using to read, the worse the problem gets. You could:
- try a different font
- change the font settings (make the font thicker in the font's advanced menu)
- set the screen refresh to a lower number. It's set to refresh every 6 page turns, set it to 3 or so (or try them all), should help
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote