View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Red face Starting from Scratch (again!)

for those of you who haven't been keeping up, I am on my THIRD move since I have been here. I REALLY don't think I am a difficult person, it's been more or less circumstances. anyway I am now in the third, and I hope final place. I was supposed to have a roomie for this one, but he backed out after the last minute even. I got an email after the fact (4 days after he was supposed to be in) apologizing and saying he was attracted to me , and thought it was a bad idea.

so anywayyyyy here I am roomie-less, which I think is probably ultimately a good idea, but also in an unfurnished house!. I have my airbed, and the neighbors have loaned me a mattress. the landlord has loaned me a sideboard which I am using as a dresser and a desk which I am using as a... dumping ground at the moment. he also gave me a lazyboy and a night stand. all of this is in my bedroom and the rest of the house kind of echoes. the roomie that wasn't had brought over a wicker patio table which is in the kitchen and I have scrounged a stool.

I was looking at websites for Pottery Barn, World Market and Pier 1 yessterday trying to decide what kind of dishes I should get... should I try to find stuff that matches what I already have at home, or just get some really funky/fun things? I then decided what the heck! it's just the pup, kindle kitten and me! I'll play around with this. there are a good number of thrift and consignment stores around here, it's a VERY international area, and Carmel is just a skip over the hill! it could be a LOT of fun!

so everyone can play along! what have been some of your favorite thrift store or garage sale finds? what items do you have that were intended for one use and you are using for another?

Last edited by krisk; 06-04-2009 at 02:10 PM. Reason: because eicker is after all wicker!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote