View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 02:52 AM   #14
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
elemenoP,
As mentioned in a reply to a comment today that was about the new Search function on the Paperwhite update, I mentioned this as one of the features that has me thinking Kindle rather than the other e-readers which don't go much beyond reading, although the Kobo is really good with multiple language reading and has access to books in countries where the books wanted are not so available on the Kindle.

The new (or renewed) Search of your entire Kindle for a word (or phrase) is large with me. Not only that, it's really fast. I knew I had some personal docs that had to do with election news from a send-to-kindle of a web document, and I knew that my New Yorker subscription would have the word too.

So I opened a book about politics and highlighted the word "election" on a page and then Searched all my Items for any instance of that in other content on my Kindle.

It gave me within 5 seconds a list of all New Yorker issues on my device (text based magazine) with that word, same with all books, the personal docs I knew had the word, and the results gave surrounding text for the words for context and of course linked me to each occurrence and brought me to any selected one very quickly. Am very happy with that.

Though the code did not work for me when I first tried because I already own a Kindle, I later learned of another way to get the $20 off with the help of Amazon customer support even when one already owns a Kindle. The instructions for that from other customers who have done it, with help from Amazon reps, are here:

http://kindleworld.blogspot.com/2013...hru-april.html
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote