View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #574
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
That's why I changed my goal from books to pages this year.
I give myself a goal of 42 pages a day to read with one day off a week, but my actual pages read per day really depends on the book. A hard book, it can dip down to 20 pages a day or less, while with a really easy book, I've had some 100+ and even approaching 150 page days.
I know. It took me forever to read In the Days of the Comet, but Pyramids was gone instantly. Some periods I'm just more motivated to read. I like the day off concept. I like going for a list of books with an interesting theme or reason for picking them. This year it was only 26 books to complete two challenges. Next year I've only got one challenge, but it's 44 books and 13,200 pages long. I might fail that one, but I like the concept I came up with and finding books is often the most fun part.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote