View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vogella View Post
I'm currently creating epub books and converting them to mobi.

I'm not familiar with the possibilities of styling for the Kindle device (mobi).

I assumed that Amazon would provide a default styling sheet for epub so that the mobi result would look good but was unable to find one (searching with Google and on the Amazon site).

Can someone suggest a good default CSS which I could use in in my epub so that I get a good mobi result?
What CSS in an ePub will convert well to MOBI depends a lot on what conversion tool is used.

You might give the Amazon Kindle Publishing Guidelines ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000234621 ) a read with particular attention to the "HTML Guidelines" section. Any tag attribute supported in MOBI should be supported by most conversion tools when encountered in its CSS equivalent.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote