View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 01:59 AM   #14
toronado
Addict
toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterBooks View Post
A 180 degree viewing angle does mean that there's a lot more wiggle room without quality degradation, so I can understand that.
Right. I would interpret the spec the same way I do for computer monitors. It isn't that you would view the display edge-on. It's the degree to which the display quality degrades with slight changes in the viewing angle.

For example, regular TN displays (which claim 160 degrees) degrade rapidly - sometimes with as little as a few degrees alteration in viewing angle.

Displays that claim 178 degrees don't suffer from that type of rapid degradation with slight changes in the viewing angle.

So there is only a 18 degree difference in the spec, but a world of difference in functionality.
toronado is offline   Reply With Quote