View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 07:13 AM   #10
Maggie-Me
Zealot
Maggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with others

Device: Kindle PW,Sony 700, Sony 950 (Daily Edition),Nook Color,iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
That works, particularly with a macro grabbing the csv data and putting it on a spreadsheet. I have the latter set up nicely for printing. The problem is that the easy way I did the macro and formulas, it's fine as is but clunky and time consuming to reset the sheet to a different column order or new custom columns. I'm not certain scripting can handle those changes, at least with my rusty scripting skills. So I started looking for a better way to deal with changes like that.
If and when you get the ODBC working you really don't have to worry about VB or scripting, once you have an external connection to a database Excel has the language built in to query the data anyway you want. Including order fields, parts of fields etc.. you will have a fair amount of the sql language available to you (not sure how close sqllite is to standard so you will have to see).

If you get that far let me know and I may be able to help more.
Maggie-Me is offline   Reply With Quote