View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 07:49 PM   #8
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhari79 View Post
I got mine from Dell UK, unlocked. I installed the official update from here. This is the newer Nov 5 build.

http://mobileupdate.dell.com/?version=GAUSB1A110700

Now running 2.2. It feels better after rooting and removed all the junk apps.

I have 2 niggling problems:
-the phone unlock slider sometimes does not work, making you lock and retry a few times.
-Letters typed from the keypad sometimes doesnt how up. But have observed this in the 3-UK Skype app only.

Other than this, 2.2 is pretty good and also seems to have better battery life.
I looked up your link. It points to the same file as my link. Version number 315.

As I read from his previous posts mgmueller is on 2.1 8105. So he cannot run the upgrade file directly (it only works from the original 1.6 -- 6667 or something). There is a way to get from the unofficial ROMs to the official 2.2 by flashing 3 files via fastboot, but many users report getting stuck on the way and of problems with the camcorder and the display rotation being carried over so I took the long route (2.2 -> 2.1 -> 1.6 4339 -> flash 6667 recovery image -> official 1.6 -> official 2.2. Process as outlined in the thread I gave. I had problem going from 1.6 4339 to the official 1.6, flashing the recovery image via fastboot finally got me there.

If you search on XDA-developers and/or Modaco there is a solution to the "sticky slider" by changing a setting in /system/build.prop either with the paid app Root Explorer or using ADB. I had that problem in 2.1, but not in any of the 2.2s I have used.

Last edited by HansTWN; 11-25-2010 at 08:04 PM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote