View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #54
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I posted the reply shortly after having read references to command line compilers and the like, so I thought we were in the general area of
"optimal/complex vs. good enough/easy." It seems that had faded several pages ago, though.
Sorry: it's my simple-mindedness. LOL.

Quote:
While you are probably correct on the entry-level civic organizations, it's notable that we see exactly the same sort of thing at high-level civics, like Congress. At the homeowners association level, you may often be right about the motives, but sometimes...and at the higher levels, hopefully more often... the same kinds decisions could honestly be driven by a disagreement over what truly is best, or even the reality that what's best for one large subgroup may be bad for another large subgroup.
Meh. I've watched politics closely for a long time. I find honest disagreement very hard to find. On an individual basis, yes. But on many disputes, it's the issue of one party (particularly) voting their party line as ordered, versus whatever.

Quote:
It's not always easy for one group to admit that. In fact, the argument that the opposing view is merely taking the easy route, may in fact itself BE the easy route, rather than the much harder route of admitting the other side's point has merit, and each side must sometimes legitimately fight for it's own interests over those of others.
Possibly. It's hard to know.

Quote:
Bringing this back around to topic, the point is, minimalist-type software yielding atomic level control of all aspects may NOT be the BEST approach to all tasks. That two hours spent learning the other software may indeed be a relative waste of two hours with no benefit. Computers are SUPPOSED to make things easier. The particular "things" you want made easier are not the same for all people in all situations.
I think that some folks really LIKE and LOVE minimalist software, and I say, good for them. And as I said a few times to Katsunami, if he wants to create a minimalist platform, and people adopt it, hey, that's GREAT. Seriously. I'm of the school that if he builds a better mousetrap, people will come to it. That's the way of things. I truly hope it works for him and anyone else that loves markdown and that minimalist approach.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote