View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 11:00 PM   #59
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I use both stores; though I tend to use Fictionwise more. (I've been reading Analog for a good thirty years now and that's where I get my subscription.) Generally I find the money can go either way, so I'm not going to make a big deal about which store has the better deal.

Having said that, I do find that FW is the only place I've ever managed a 105% rebate, and I find the fact that Micropay is automatically added without needing an email is a nice touch. Both stores are good, but neither is perfect.

Having said that, I find that I like Fictionwise better largely because of the tone of the company. I find some of the format and device comparisons Books On Board lists on their site to be too obviously biased. HarryT has already mentioned their dislike of the MS Reader .lit format, but I also have issues with their device chart.

They cite the excellent resolution of the screen on the Cybook (which they sell) but when discussing the Sony Reader they only mention the lack of a backlight as a screen factor. Little things like this tend to push me a little further toward Fictionwise, but not far enough to stop me from spending money at BoB.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote