View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 09:24 PM   #217
FerretMochaLatte
FerretMochaLatte knows what time it isFerretMochaLatte knows what time it isFerretMochaLatte knows what time it isFerretMochaLatte knows what time it isFerretMochaLatte knows what time it isFerretMochaLatte knows what time it isFerretMochaLatte knows what time it isFerretMochaLatte knows what time it isFerretMochaLatte knows what time it isFerretMochaLatte knows what time it isFerretMochaLatte knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STR, Thinking about a Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Here's a quibble. Before you have someone (employee) help potential customers with a device, make sure that they are somewhat trained on the device. I went and tried out the Nook Touch today at my B&N store. For the life of me I could not find the buttons. So I asked the employee who was trying to sell it to me where the buttons were. He told me that this was a pure touchscreen and it didn't have any buttons. At about the same time, I figured out where the were and showed the clerk. I told him that indeed it did and this was one of the big selling points. Then I commenced to show the clerk how to use the buttons. How they can be changed at the user's discretion, etc. They should pay me!

Just train your employees, B&N! You might make more sales.
Here here! haha I have to agree with this one.

I recently bought a Nook STR and you would know more than the B&N salespeople at my local B&N do if you watched the STR video on the B&N website.

Training and advertising would help B&N a lot.
FerretMochaLatte is offline   Reply With Quote