View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 09:15 AM   #12
tobiasj
surrounded by books
tobiasj began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle HDX, PRS-500, PRS-505, Rocket e-book
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
I am pretty jazzed to report that Robin Hobb, one of my favorite fantasy authors, has released her novel Shaman's Crossing as a free e-book! In fact, her publisher Eos (imprint of HarperCollins) is giving away a new free e-book every two months for 2008. About the book:

You can download it in various tastes, including Adobe PDF, Microsoft LIT, and Mobipocket. Download Link (read the small print; use the coupon code EOS1).

[via FantasyBookSpot]
It is really too bad they don't support some flavor of Sony Reader compatible format. I will probably never finish reading it if I have to read it on my PC. It looks like a good story and I really like series books. (if I like the story I know there are more I can read). Oh well, maybe the reader will support protected PDF some time soon.. (well I can dream can't I?)

Maybe Fictionwise has that title, I will check there for it as well.

-John

Edit: Fictionwise does have it, about the same original price, however they do not offer it in a compatible format either (they only offer it in PDF, LIT and Mobipocket as well) Oh well. So much for that idea... The Sony store has it as well, its about a dollar more, but at least I can read it on the go...

Last edited by tobiasj; 01-15-2008 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Added fictionwise info.
tobiasj is offline   Reply With Quote