View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 12:00 AM   #100
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
I'm glad you got it to work. However, you misunderstand the purpose for my post. ES File Explorer should never have a Launch By Default when managing it under Applications.

It shouldn't matter what File Explorer you use, once you touch the file and it has an App associated by default, the default App will open it.

I hope this isn't too confusing. It's pretty important to know especially when you decide you prefer and want to use one App over another and the other App keeps forcing itself open by default.
I don't mean making ES File Explorer default in anything. You misunderstood. I mean getting it to open mobi in the Kindle app. It wont allow it. I understand how defaults works and how to reset them but this program doesn't have the option to even open it with the Kindle app.

File Expert will give you options to choose what to open the file with and you can set the Kindle app as default for mobi files using File Expert still ES File Explorer wont do anything with mobi files after I set the Kindle app to open them. It will only open common files formats it recognizes.

So what I was trying to say ES File Explorer wont do anything with a mobi file even when the Kindle app is set as default. It just sits there as an unrecognized file format.

Amazon has the mobi file unassociated with the Android file system by default, ES File Explorer refuses to do anything with the file even after you associate it with the Kindle app but you can use file Expert to open mobi and get them on your Books shelf without restarting the device.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote