View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 06:01 PM   #37
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But, Amazon should be looking at why others are buying Readers that are not Kindle. What is it about the other brands that make Kindle not a viable choice? One reason people go for Kobo instead of Kindle is more options in the Aa menu and the ability to add in fonts you want to use if they are not in the default font list. Without ePub, if people use Overdrive outside the USA, then a Kindle is not a good choice because you won't get Kindle eBooks.

It's not just what the users want, it's also what can be added to get more users. That make a a lot more people wanting similar things.

Oh and one more thing. Let the Kindle be turned off. Just standby is not good for the battery. The T1 (for example) has a really nice feature I ave not seen elsewhere. Two days with no use, it turns off.
What you said makes more sense than the open platform the OP wants.
Yes, I would love more fonts myself.

Would there be enough other country readers to make Overdrive available to them?

Also oh yes, power off please.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote