View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #132
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
To do simultaneous dither and render, look at the animation demos. I split them apart here so I could post a tiny video player that did not contain the transcoder, in the tradition of linux tools that you just pipe together into a long one-liner.

My algorithms keep evolving in small increments, each time I post a new demo.

The "no dither table" algorithm was my original creation, using logic tools including Carnaugh maps and DeMorgan's theorem (usually used for digital logic hardware simplification). It was an evolutionary step beyond my "formula 42" dithering that supported all kindle models in that formula. The key idea was to make it cache-friendly by elimination of conditional branching logic that can flush the cache, and later to avoid small cache flushes caused by RAM-resident table lookups.
Yes, an excellent, and possibly, unique implementation of the concepts.

I do have a very fantastic audio book on its way to throw some fancy maths at and I have more than my fair share of experience in hacking working system together once I have the files. I'm just struggling to visualise exactly the right settings in ffmpeg.

Ah well I'm playing now, Ill figure it out
I too aim to evolve the demos to be more robust and informative and the audio thread to contain at least enough data to get most audio requiring apps off the ground.

It's really not that much info out there at the moment in terms of great demos.
I have trawled google into the floor trying to find further implementations or polling for alsa. Frankly I'm happy to rub shoulders with giants on this one. It's a bit of an arcane art and the calls are all low level stuff but I find that comforting since it will probably result in a few neat ways to do the basic stuff we want and then the rest can be ignored. rather than some unwieldy do-it-all setup system that can not be circumnavigated.

ffmpeg here I come.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote