Thread: Iriver Story
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 04:38 AM   #64
isaak
Enthusiast
isaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheese

Device: kobo aura one; kindle dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3_reader View Post
1. There seems to be dictionary support but it is unclear to me if the device comes with an English dictionary. If so, which one?
No english to english directory yet, only english to korean, perhaps in later release. The dictionary comes in one .ms file; the format seems proprietary to me.

Quote:
2. Can you install multiple dictionaries?
Yes, the device and software support multiple dictionaries.

Quote:
3. Can you have multiple books open at the same time, with an easy way of switching between the books?
No.
The device saves your progress in a book, and you can switch between your latest-read books within 3 button clicks.

Quote:
4. How is the typography? I played around with a few ebook readers recently and was horrified to discover that the Bebook on display in the shop had rather weird spacing between the characters, making all 'z' characters stand out a little. It also put the 'i' and 'j' in the Dutch 'ij' stand too close together.
No problems with the typography for me.

Quote:
5. Any comments on using Calibre to upload RSS-feeds to the Story?
RSS feeds are not supported from the device. With calibre you produce a readable document from the feeds (epub, word, pdf, fb2, whatever) and copy it to the device.
isaak is offline   Reply With Quote