View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 09:12 AM   #9
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I regularly use a particular affiliate link myself whenever I shop at Amazon, so I was also curious and asked this Amazon Associate yesterday. His understanding is that the affiliate code will still work when added to the end of the smile.amazon.com URL. I have read elsewhere that the standard affiliate link should be edited by removing "www.amazon.com" and replacing it with "smile.amazon.com" (note there is no "www" in the latter). Both the affiliate and the customer's chosen AmazonSmile charity should then receive credit for the purchase.
It seems very confusing to me. What is the point of the "smile" URL? Why not just tell account holders that they can choose a charity if they so desire, and then shop normally? Why the extra hoop to jump through?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote