Thread: Duokan 2013
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 01:50 AM   #371
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by donB006 View Post
I have struggled with the stardict-editor program with only slight success. I have found the program 'tabfile' works to produce dictionaries perfect for Duokan. I think this will also work with Duokan Lite.

The program 'tabfile' is a part of the stardict-tools distribution and can be found in Debian GNU/Linux and many other distributions. The input file is a dictionary in a simple format with the word at the beginning of the line and then a tab followed by the definition on the same line. The program 'tabfile' then converts the input file into the .dict.dz and .ifo and .idx files.

I have found some dictionary sources that are originally in tab format like freedict or various sources that can be converted to tab format. I then edit the file to remove all tags such as <k>, <tr>, <b> and convert &apos; to ' or &quot; to " and &amp; to & for example because these are not used by Duokan. I build the .dict.dz and .ifo and .idx files from the tab file input and then use 'dictunzip' or 'gunzip' to convert the .dict.dz file to the .dict needed by Duokan.

So far I have several English definition dictionaries and French and Spanish translation dictionaries installed in Duokan built with the 'tabfile' program.

Are you hosting your versions of french and spanish dictionaries anywhere, or are they for sale somewhere in their original versions ? I would be very interested, especially if you had found a spanish to french one !
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote