View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 08:18 AM   #1
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Post How long does it take to get to your page.

When you feel like reading, you pick up the book, put a finger under the marker and flip open. All you have to do now is to find the place, in the two pages, where your eyes last left the text.
TIME 2 TO 6 SECONDS .

Now in your reader, be honest, describe the operations needed to get to your page, time this and give an answer.

I bet that some reading devices will give a time in minutes . My Powerbook 520 needs a bootup, open Word (which on this machine is almost as long) sort in the menu for the right book, find the marker and wait for the page to show up.
TIME 228 SECONDS .

This is the second best reason I have for chosing e-ink mainly on the Sony. The display is always on. When you take it out, the page is still there.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote