View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 12:59 PM   #8
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
I seem to remeber something like this in Thomas the Tank Engine. But it was a long time ago.
I remember reading an article in a Model Railroader magazine some yrs back as to how Thomas the Tank Engine came to be. The son of the author (who was an English Vicar if I remember right) was sick with one of the childhood aliments that young children seem to get and the father was given the task of entertaining his son (everyone else was busy with other tasks). And so he made up a story about a tank engine named Thomas. Later he cobbled together a toy train engine from some wood scraps and the rest was history. The Wind in the Willows was created in a similar way. The authors son liked stories about Mr. Toad and his friends that his father had told him and was sent off on holiday. So his father wrote some down in letter form and the little boys nurse seeing their potential value kept them. More recently the Percy Jackson books by Rick Roirdan came to be written because his son liked Greek Mythology and after hearing all the old stories challenged his father to write a new one.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote