Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 08:57 AM   #776
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Paperwhite woes

This is just for information.

After discovering that Amazon has obfuscated their stuff even more aggressively with the new firmware - thank you, Amazon! - and after getting a first idea of the effort required to port an existing application to the PW (cf. the Collections Manager thread), I decided to just try and replace the 5.1.2 classpath in the JBPatch project with the 5.2.0 classpath. I get 88 compile errors.

The good news is: the JBPatch "core" seems to be relatively unaffected. The bad news is: all of the interesting patches are affected, badly. And this means that (most probably) every single patch will essentially have to be re-developed from scratch for the Paperwhite. Great work, Amazon!

Well anyway, as far as the Paperwhite support is concerned, there isn't anything going to happen for JBPatch until I receive the device (this should be in about 3-4 weeks).

Until then, if you want to help out with some Paperwhite development, you're very welcome to head over to the Collections Manager thread, and to help improve the PW version available there.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote