View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 05:21 PM   #1
Couchchicago
Couchchicago began at the beginning.

Device: Moto Q and Palm Treo
Newbie needs help with drm Mobi files

Hi y'all!

I need help! I have approx. 60-70 mobi books. I just bought 2 more today. Normally, I only read them on my Moto Q. However, I recently found my Palm Treo...doesn't work, but can still use it as an eReader. Works better than the Moto Q.
My problem is this....all my books (most of them) are drm'd. I can read them on my Moto Q, but since I can't sync my Palm with the Mobi Library on my computer, I'm stuck and can't read my books (except on my Moto which sucks)
Now, I have Python which is supposed to un-drm my Mobi books for use on the Treo. I dowloaded the freeware.
So this is what I know to do.....I go to the Run Prompt on the Start Menu. I hit cmd to get to the MS-DOS screen...after that, I'm lost! What do I do next? I know there's a mobi2html converter? or something?
I just need someone to walk me through it. You'd think after spending about $1000 or more (just with Mobi...not counting Fictionwise and eReader. I'll eventually get to those as well...although I don't have a problem with Fictionwise) Anyway, like I said, if you've spent all this money on books, they shouldn't make it so hard for me to read it on any device I want. It's not my fault I can't sync the Palm with Mobi.
I've heard it's a no-no to post my email address on these forums....I guess that's a good way to get spam. However, if someone could get back to me, I'd be more than happy to send them my address. Go to chicagocouch@aol.com Please, help! I mean it's not life or death, but I really hate my Moto Q and will probably be buying a new Palm (probably the Centro) as that's the best pda/phone I've used yet. Haven't used the iPhone, but that looks like a toy to me. I need to actually feel the buttons when I type, you know?
Anyway, I'd appreciate if someone could help me out. thanks!!

Couchchicago!!!
Couchchicago is offline   Reply With Quote