Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Review
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 10:12 PM   #4
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I have been playing with it today and I think it's a great little device. Still some tweaks I would like to see (collections, for the love of g-d, please!) and I think the desktop app (which I was required to install in order to both register the device and upgrade the firmware so I could get the wifi working) is a piece of kludge I would rather do without. Also, I noticed some pretty obvious ghosting when I turned the page

Overall though, very slick and a nice little gadget. My stepmother is getting one (it is her first ereader) and I think she'll be quite happy. I had wavered between keeping it and returning it, and I think I'll keep it. My Kindle is getting sluggish since it has so many books on it, and I'd like to move all the short stories and magazines off it since I mostly read those one or two at a time. So they will be perfect bedtime reading and I can keep the Kobo handy for that.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote