View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 12:58 AM   #1
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
Over trying to manage Kobo reader with Kobo desktop. Some help with Calibre?

Hey,
I'm sort've over the whole "re-add all kobo content with weird bookmarks into the im reading page" along with all the other painful stuff that goes with syncing via the Kobo desktop application (cover artwork suddenly missing, moving bookmarks, read books suddenly unread etc etc).
I intend to reset the Kobo and start from scratch with Calibre.

I was hoping someone would be able to give me a bit of a dummies guide to getting started with Calibre and the Kobo?
I've tried it a couple of times but i get some weird error whenever i try and do something with the kobo attached... may be a DRM thing?

If anyone is willing to post here a bit of a dummies initial setup for Calibre and the Kobo, i'd much appreciate it.
Also, if the DRM thing is an issue, please feel free to message me or email me about what i need to do to get my purchased books freely usable in Calibre.

digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote