View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 01:20 PM   #78
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I remember our mall had a Waldenbooks and a Coles. Neither offered seating.
Borders was my favorite (and probably the last New book store I have been inside. Prices were not discounted (and I never looked at the sideline stuff, so no idea there. Remember, many books had prices printed on the cover (flap), so the profit was derived from what the store paid for the stock.
The quote in your post isn't mine.

I think Walden's had a frequent shopper card they punched when you bought something. I don't remember what the perk was, it was probably a discount on a future purchase once you spent so much. I loved looking through their clearance books.

Last edited by Deskisamess; 11-19-2019 at 01:24 PM.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote