Thread: 903 A total wipe clean?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
dtanis
Enthusiast
dtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud of

Device: PocketBook Pro 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekvb View Post
G'day all,
As long as I am using my 903 I have always updated my system to the next version.
But I am wondering now: would it be possible to wipe the system entirely off of the 903 Pro and install a fresh image on it?
Sure, did it once when I returned my device for repair. Just go to maintenance section on the device and format the internal FAT-disc. After the format the Firmware (FW) will copy a fresh image to the internal FAT-disc with some basic configuration and will start if it was the same when you started if for the first time (you need to accept the licence, configure language etc). Make sure you made a backup of the internal disc because everything on it will be wiped! One thing though. Some older versions of the FW didn't correctly format the internal FAT-disc but I don't how serious that bug was. Which FW are you now using?
dtanis is offline   Reply With Quote