View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 01:21 PM   #73
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeg2 View Post
I'm not sure you really need to actively kill apps that you're not using. Android (the basis of the Kindle Fire OS) has a very good memory management system. These apps that you're "killing" are probably not taking any CPU & minimal memory usage - however, they're sitting in the background, available for much quicker loading. If memory is needed, Android will clear it for you.

On the Android phones, there was a brief period where people were using app killers to clean things up - only to discover that they consumed more memory and battery by doing so. Now the recommendation is to simply let Android take care of it for you.

Rich
There are a few exceptions but for the most part this is true. Some apps gets stuck or are buggy and need to be close the way Jack mention.

I notices the Fire does a really good job of closing apps better then my phone which leaves them running. I accidentally left Tune In Radio running in the notifications bar now that's example of an app I forgot to closed.

KF has yet to go past 40% battery life past 16 hours. This thing has an excellent battery if you keep WiFi off when not in use!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote