View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 12:12 AM   #56
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Speaking of Python... Python 3.7 is now in .

c.f. the original announcement.

Over here, in Koboland, since I don't actually have anything that hard-depends on Python 2, I'll eventually stop installing it by default. I'll still be building it, so that tarball will be available somewhere, it just won't be bundled with everything else.

But, for now, both Python versions are bundled and installed. Which means the space requirements have been raised.
I've also updated the doc on that subject, and made more explicit that, as a result, the "install" process will take a fair bit of time on slow devices/slow storage (I'm looking at you, anything with an internal SD card instead of any kind of soldered memory chip).

The python-setup.sh script (that generates bytecode) has also been slightly revamped. And also slightly documented, to mention that it will also take its sweet, sweet time on crappy storage (again, many tiny files, handle them!).

Anyway:

On a Kobo H2O:
Code:
Python 3.7.3 (default, Jul 10 2019, 10:19:04) 
[GCC 7.4.1 20181213] on linux
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import platform
>>> platform.uname()
uname_result(system='Linux', node='(none)', release='2.6.35.3-850-gbc67621+', version='#3032 PREEMPT Mon Jan 9 13:37:40 CST 2017', machine='armv7l', processor='')
>>>

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-12-2019 at 12:34 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote