View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 11:57 AM   #5
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Well, slowly making progress. As seen in the pre and post cleanup images attached, I've managed to reduce the System by about 10 GB and the over all used space by about 30 GB. So I'm now back down to where it used to be at around 115 GB available. I had to do a lot of cache deleting, mostly with Adobe CreativeCloud, and I moved several cache and backup folders to the Samsung T5 2 TB external SSD drive that always stays connected to my MacBook Pro.

Steps Taken So Far
  • Deleted Adobe Media Cache and Adobe Media Cache Files folders in Library
  • Purged Adobe Lightroom cache via the Lightroom app
  • Purged Adobe Camera Raw cache via the Adobe Camera Raw app
  • Purged Adobe Photoshop cache via the Photoshop app
  • Moved Lightroom cache folder to external Samsung T5 2TB SSD drive
  • Moved Lightroom backup folder to external Samsung T5 2TB SSD drive
  • Moved Adobe Camera Raw cache folder to external Samsung T5 2TB SSD drive
  • Moved Photoshop scratch disk folder to external Samsung T5 2TB SSD drive

There is still way too much bloat in System though, so I’m going to keep looking for it and purge it as much as possible. BTW, the CleanMyMac X app scan shows tat I cleaned up almost all the cache bloat it found, and a lot of the other bloat as well. I'm glad I didn't pay to use it as I managed to do almost as much as it would have, and for free. I think I probably have a lot of bloat from apps that were installed by other apps and apps I don't even use. Back to the hunt...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pre-cleanup-of-MacBook-Pro.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	187028   Click image for larger version

Name:	Post-cleanup-of-MacBook-Pro.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	187029  

Last edited by OtinG; 05-09-2021 at 12:02 PM.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote