View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 10:00 PM   #9
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
HarryT won't switch unless Sigil outputs Mobipocket format.
I know. Mobipocket output is on my TODO list. Probably not anytime soon though.

Quote:
Does Sigil generate mobile ADE compatible ePub?
Sigil gives you power to design your ePub any way you want. If you make sure to specify page breaks every 300kb, then it will work on mobile ADE too. It won't do it automatically though. That would mean inserting breaks into your code where you didn't specify them. That's great for an automatic converter, but not for an editor.

That being said, I do plan on implementing a feature that tells you if the ePub you're exporting will not work on mobile ADE.

Quote:
Can we specify page breaks other than at ToC points?
You can specify page breaks anywhere you want. You have full access to the XHTML code! The Sigil WYSIWYG action "Insert Chapter Break" places a "marker" (that red double line) where your want your XHTML source to be split into multiple files.

The TOC is built from heading tags (<h#>, where # is from 1 to 6). These too you can place wherever you want. If you put a heading tag within 1000 characters after a chapter break, the entry in the TOC for that heading will lead to the begining of that XHTML file. If your heading is further away from a chapter break, the TOC entry will lead directy to that heading (using fragment identifiers).

This is unlike Calibre. Calibre (I think) just links all entries in the TOC with fragment identifiers and this slows down TOC display on mobile devices a great deal. There was a discussion about this somewhere around here. Can't find it now. Anyway, try to put your headings after chapter breaks so you get fast NCX files.

It's 4 AM where I'm sitting so I'm off to bed.

Last edited by Valloric; 08-01-2009 at 10:04 PM. Reason: some clarifications