View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 02:52 PM   #72
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I watch some of the Goodereader reviews and they are fairly thorough but they get a lot of stuff wrong. I've seen them refer to e-ink readers backlight more than once, for example. Reviewers just have to know better than that. Over half of their reviews have at least one little mistake. Watch the other reviewers reviews and you'll catch a mistake now and then but not often.

Yes I find their reviews useful but I have a tech background and I can usually spot their wrong information and benefit from what they get right. A lot of people can't.

Watch them long enough and you'll see the problems, too. They do some good things but they're often wrong and they're pretty dishonest. The problem is that I can't give you a lot of examples because I don't follow them. I focus on the more honest blogs and just watch some of their reviews. But I do read their blog from time to time and I've been shocked by their tactics more than once.

By the way, if you're going to read Goodereader read The Digital Reader and the Ebook Reader as well and watch how often Goodereader copies those two blogs stories the next day.

Someone mentioned they even copied an April Fools joke, reporting it as fact. I have vague memories of that but I don't really recall the details. It's the sort of stuff they do.

Also when you read the other blogs and you see one have a story and the other have the same story the next day, watch how they tell where they got their information, giving the other blogs credit. That's standard procedure; something honest people do. Goodereader doesn't.

You're entitled to love and defend them if you want to. But you might want to pay attention and see how much of the criticism is true.

Barry
I find every single review BadEReader does that includes a Kobo Reader to be awful. They have no idea what they are doing and they do it so very badly.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote