View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 05:54 PM   #18
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyfan View Post
I also found the transformation beautifully and skilfully dome. And the interaction between Mary and Colin was very effective through all the various stages of their character growth.
I also love the character of Dickon, in particular his intimacy with nature, and how their interaction with him contributes to the transformations in Mary and Colin. He can charm the wild animals - the foxes, squirrels and crows - but he can also charm people. Dickon helps to tame Mary and Colin's wild spirits by offering the love of friendship and introducing them to a relationship with nature and something to focus on outside of their self-centered lives. However, I think that it is also fun to watch Dickon develop relationships with other children of similar age and so I think that his friendship with Mary and Colin helps Dickon to grow too.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote