View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 02:25 PM   #29
elvenic
Enthusiast
elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kindle PW, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenic View Post
So I've installed Kobo Start Menu/Koreader on my Kobo Glo. Koreader works OK; one question though: I've enabled 'follow links', now when I press a link, Koreaded jumps to the link's target location, but how do I jump back to the link origination location? I may be missing something, but I can't find 'Back' command in the menu.
So I'm replying to myself.

I looked at the lua source code and found the 'readerlink.lua' file. After reading which I had a hypothesis that when you jump to the link, the Koreader will setup the screen so that on swipe 'east' (from right to left) you will go not to the previous page (relative to the page of the link destination), but to the origin of the link.

I've tested it on my Kobo, and it worked. So the conclusion is that there is no button in the menu to go back, but you should use swipe 'east' instead.

But that is useful only for links like to short footnotes, where, after reading the footnote, you most likely want to return back to the link origin.

It is useless for links like in the table of contents, because after you jump to a chapter, swipe several pages 'west' as you read the chapter, then want to go back one page in this chapter by swiping 'east', you will be suddenly thrown back to the table of contents because ReaderLink rememberes that you jumped to the capter through the link and interpretes first swipe 'east' as command to go to the link origin (table of contents in our case).

I personally think that better design choice would be, instead of using first 'east' swipe to go back to the link origin, to have separete command 'Back' in the menu, or something similar, to go back. For example, the CoolReader implements jumping back this way.
elvenic is offline   Reply With Quote