View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #6
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilis View Post
Cooling, that's useful to know. My sister has been pondering buying a newer-model Kindle, but has held back due to not wanting the newer screen type... It's useful to know that her trepidations were justified.

I don't know why they switched to this newer screen type. :S One of the big selling points of Kindle was the e-ink display, which is more like regular reading. (It won't burn your eeeeeeyes...)

Do you think they'll go back to the e-ink types, or are the new ones something we're stuck with?

The newer Kindles also use e-ink and its still very easy on the eyes. The difference is the light layer above the e-ink screen which I think works very well and doesn't cause any eye strain. To me, the PaperWhite is far and away the best e-reader ever. The light is super-convenient.

I know some people complain about uneven lighting (mine is just fine) and then go back to using a book light shining on the screen. That lighting is WAY more uneven so I'm not sure you are gaining anything by buying an older model Kindle. Just my opinion!

Plus, as Harry said, there are way more people happy with the PaperWhite than not. I would definitely give it a shot first and then send it back if you are unhappy. Kindle customer service is great.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote