View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhytte View Post
Thank you David,
I may have been doing something wrong and now I am trying to find a way to correct it by finding out where I went wrong.

What I did was I cleared the author field and enter the real author field in the calibre interface

right click on the individual book
edit metadata
edit metadata individually

clear the wrong Author field
Enter the new Author filed
then OK it to save the " edit metadata individually"
that's it.

Please correct me if I went wrong and tell me the steps for the
correct way

That is the correct way to do it. I have never had books left behind. I just checked it was OK on one of my libraries with 0.8.67.

Quote:
and I ended up so many "orphan" author folders where I have
extra copy of the original books

That's amount to 600mb+ and ever growing due to correcting the author
fileds

I now have an extra 600mb+ ever growing junk of duplicates in the "Calibre Library" folder

I definatelly need help to clean the junk as well as find a way not
to create more and more
It sounds like something else is going wrong. The first thought is that the files are marked as read only. calibre actually does a copy followed by a delete, so if the original are read only, it might not be able to delete them.

Another possibility is the file system is damaged somehow and the deletes aren't working. Running a check on the drive would be a good idea.

The only other thing is if this happened with the previous version. The changes for 0.8.67 include a change in how larger books are copied. Are the books bigger than 3MB?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote